i discovered there’s a shortage of keystroke to MIDI converters for mac so I made MIDIpress. to use it…
- Download MIDIpress
- select your keyboard from the menu on the left. this might take some trial and error – when you find it the yellow button next to the menu will flash when ever you hit a key. mine’s “Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad 4”.
- choose your MIDI output settings. “from midipress 1” is a safe bet.
- make sure your target application (ableton, FL studio etc.) has your chosen midi port active in it’s preferences.
- set your velocity and note length.
- do whatever! you can control any midi mappable parameters or jam as you type.
here’s the max patch for the nerdlingers